Post By RelatedRelated Post
Like all lawn mowers, zero turn mowers require care to prevent accidents when mowing around water, drop-offs, steep inclines and wet conditions. Prepare for the mowing season by remembering these helpful safety tips:
1. Read the Operator’s Manual Before Operation.
Read and understand the operator’s manual before operation. The manual provides important maintenance and safety information.
2. Avoid Operating a Mower While Others are Present
Do not operate the mower when people, especially children and animals, are in the area.
3. Allow Plenty of Safe Clearance
Allow plenty of safe clearance in the vicinity of drop-offs like retaining walls, culverts and ditches.
4. Avoid Mowing on Unstable Ground and Slopes
Do not mow on unstable ground or slopes greater than 15 degrees.
5. Be Alert and Cautious When Turning
Be alert and use caution when making turns — keep movements deliberate and steady.
6. Ensure Safety Devices are in Working Order
Make certain safety devices are working properly, and never bypass or remove any safety equipment.
7. Understand the Importance of the ROPS Bar
Be aware of the importance of keeping the rollover protection system — or ROPS — bar (if equipped) in the fully raised position, and remember to wear the seatbelt. An operator is not protected by a ROPS bar that is not fully raised.