Post By RelatedRelated Post
- Use the least toxic, most target-specific chemical.
- Purchase the smallest amount needed to do the job.
- Do not mix more spray than you need—and stick to target areas only.
- Read the label carefully, and follow all recommendations precisely.
- Wear protective clothing and gear as directed.
- Wear gloves when using a sprayer, and wash well afterward.
- Launder pesticide-contaminated clothing separately.
- Keep leftover pesticides away from children
- Keep leftover chemicals in their original containers.
- Contact the National Pesticide Information Center for more information.
If rain is in the forecast, or if it is windy, do not use pesticides.
Heavy-duty latex gloves extending to the forearm and fit snugly around the wrist offer the best protection when applying herbicides and pesticides.