Post By RelatedRelated Post
Like all lawn mowers, zero turn mowers require care to prevent accidents when mowing around water, drop-offs, steep inclines, and wet conditions. Prepare for the mowing season by remembering these helpful safety tips:
- Read and understand the operator’s manual before operation. The manual provides important maintenance and safety information.
- Make certain safety devices are working properly, and never bypass or remove any safety equipment.
- Do not operate the mower when people, especially children, and animals, are in the area.
- Allow plenty of safe clearance in the vicinity of drop-offs like retaining walls, culverts, and ditches.
- Do not mow on unstable ground or slopes greater than 15 degrees.
- Be alert and use caution when making turns — keep movements deliberate and steady.
Understand the Importance of the ROPS Bar
Be aware of the importance of keeping the rollover protection system — or ROPS — bar (if equipped) in the fully raised position, and remember to wear the seatbelt. An operator is not protected by a ROPS bar that is not fully raised.