Post By RelatedRelated Post
For safe mowing, follow these tips!
- Read and understand your operator’s manual before operating the mower.
- For gasoline units, add fuel to the tank outdoors before starting the machine. Do not add gasoline to a running or hot engine and never leave the machine running in an enclosed area.
- As with other power tools and equipment, do not operate a lawn mower when consuming alcohol.
- Wear appropriate clothing – significant footwear, long pants, eye, and hearing protection.
- Pick up stones, toys, and debris from the lawn to prevent injuries and damage from flying objects.
- Never allow children to be passengers on ride-on mowers.
- Keep children and pets a safe distance from the area you are mowing. Use extreme care near blind corners and around objects that may block you from seeing a child.
- Do not operate without the grass catcher, discharge chute, or other safety devices in place and working.
- Be careful when mowing slopes.
- Do not mow in wet conditions.
- Never mow in reverse unless absolutely necessary – carefully look for others behind you when you do.
- Turn off the mower and wait for the blade(s) to stop completely before leaving the mower, removing the grass catcher, picking up debris, or crossing gravel roads or paths.
- Let the mower cool before refueling, cleaning and storing.
- Follow all directions – including turning off the engine and disconnecting the spark plug or electric cord – before working on the mower or trying to unclog the discharge chute.